Since 2005, the Sam T. Wilson Public Library, previously known as the Arlington Branch Library, has been fully owned and operated by the Town of Arlington. Library staff is guided by policies developed by the Sam T. Wilson Library Board, composed of seven citizens appointed by the Mayor and Board of Aldermen. The library is located at 11968 Walker Street near the Historic Depot Square and can be reached at (901) 867-1954.
The Sam T. Wilson Public Library strives to:
- Promote lifelong learning and a love of reading
- Inform, enrich and empower every patron served
- Provide easy access to a wide variety of materials, services and programs
- Meet the personal, educational, cultural and professional information needs of the community
Residents and property owners within the town limits of Arlington are entitled to a free card. Students who attend an Arlington Community School as well as active military personnel are eligible for free library cards. Those who live outside the town limits may obtain a library card for an annual fee of $50. Senior non-resident library cards are available for a discounted annual rate of $25.
To receive a library card, identification showing the individual’s current address is required. Acceptable identification includes:
- Valid driver's license of state ID
- Active military ID
- Voter's registration card
- Current utility bill
- Lease, etc.
- Report card, attendance letter, or Power Parent (ACS students)
- Individuals seventeen (17) and younger require a parent or guardian to show acceptable identification and sign the application.
All Library Cards must be renewed annually. Patrons may renew their cards by visiting the Sam T. Wilson Public Library and providing the same documentation requirements listed above.
The Arlington Branch Library was renamed by the Arlington Library Board as the Sam T. Wilson Public Library in honor of the late, Mayor Sam T. Wilson.The Town of Arlington wishes to honor one of its most outstanding citizens for his lifelong dedication to the community and its citizens.
We recognize the many contributions Mayor Sam T. Wilson made to the Town of Arlington, in addition to his terms as mayor from 1970 to 1986.
We acknowledge Mayor Sam's service and dedication to his country as a decorated veteran of World War II, and Whereas, we are proud that he remained in Arlington to continue to run the general store, S.Y. Wilson's General Merchandise, started by his grandfather in 1893.
Access Your Library Account
- Go to the Online Catalog.
- Click the My Account tab.
- Type your library card number in the USERNAME OR BARCODE Box and the Last 4 digits of your phone number on file in the 4-Digit Pin Box.
- Click the Log in Button.