Homeowners Guide to Drainage

Request email notification when page changes E-Notify
Drainage and flooding problems in and around your home can be a costly damaging nuisance.  Common actions taken by you, the homeowner, in the process of developing your lot or landscaping your yard can create flooding and drainage problems. 

The Town recently created a booklet for homeowners that can help in solving and preventing drainage issues on their property.  A PDF of the document can be found here.

Reporting Illicit Discharge:
An "Illicit Discharge" is any disposal of materials not composed entirely of stormwater into a municipal storm sewer system - storm drains and inlets, pipes, and drainage ditches. Disposable of anything other than stormwater into our storm sewers is illegal. Pollutants end up in storm sewer systems in a number of ways, many from people that are unaware, and many that are easily preventable. 
         * Common Examples of Illicit Discharge materials:
                        ~ Septic Tank Seepage/Illegal Sanitary Connections
                        ~ Laundry Wastewater/Detergent
                        ~ Improper Waste Oil Disposal/Auto Fluids Flushing
                        ~ Home Improvement Waste (e.g. concrete, paint)
                        ~ Pesticides and Fertilizers
                        ~ Improper Disposal of Commercial and Industrial Hazardous Waste 
                        ~ Pool/Spa Discharge
                        ~ Cooking Grease/Household Waste
 Thumbtack Green sm_42
Contact Public Works at 901-867-4980 if you observe
or suspect an illicit discharge. We will inspect and if a violation is found, work with the individual/ entity to resolve the violation. 

Illicit Discharge Image

Public Works

Areas of