The Town of Arlington, an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, seeks to retain the services of a professional consultant engineering firm to provide services related to construction of Roundabouts at the I-40 Interstate On-Off Ramps at SR-205 (Airline Road) (PIN 132003.00). This phase of the project is the Implementation Phase to determine the feasibility of the project. This project is federally funded. The project shall be accomplished in accordance with TDOT Local Programs guidelines. The professional consultant engineering consulting firm must be on TDOT’s pre-approved list or have a completed pre-qualification form filed with TDOT by the deadline for the Letters of Interest. The prequalified firm must have unlimited status. Responsibilities of the professional consultant firm include, but are not limited to:
Required Scope of Services
- The Implementation Phase of the project will entail preparing an Interchange Modification Study for the I-40 – SR-205 (Airline Road) interchange in accordance with TDOT and FHWA requirements.
- The selected consultant will conduct operational, capacity and safety analyses to assess whether the proposed change in access has a significant adverse impact on the safety and operation of the Interstate facility (which includes mainline lanes, existing, new, or modified ramps, and ramp intersections with crossroad) or on the local street network based on both the current and the planned future traffic projections. The analyses should include at least the first adjacent existing or proposed interchange on either side of the proposed change in access. The crossroads and the local street network, to at least the first major intersection on either side of the proposed change in access, should be included in this analysis to the extent necessary to fully evaluate the safety and operational impacts that the proposed change in access and other transportation improvements may have on the local street network.
- The selected consultant shall prepare an Interchange Modification Study Report for the proposed change in access, including a description and assessment of the impacts and ability of the proposed changes to safely and efficiently collect, distribute, and accommodate traffic on the Interstate facility, ramps, intersection of ramps with crossroad, and local street network. The report should also include a conceptual plan of the type and location of the signs proposed to support the proposed roundabout design.
- In addition to the roundabout alternative, the Interchange Modification Study shall evaluate other options to the existing interchange configuration.
Estimated Schedule for Performance of Work
- The requested services are anticipated to take 9 – 12 months.
Firms may request consideration by submitting a letter of interest along with qualifications to the Town of Arlington, 5854 Airline Road, P. O. Box 507 Arlington, TN 38002 Attn: Catherine Durant, Town Administrator. All letters of interest must be received by the Town of Arlington on or before 2:00 PM Local Time on Friday, July 1, 2022. The letter of interest and qualifications shall indicate the scope of services to be completed by any sub-consultants. The Town of Arlington intends to enter into a lump sum contract for engineering services on this project.
Phase I Evaluation
For Phase I evaluations firms shall submit letters of interest with firm contact information including name, address and e-mail of primary contact. The letters of interest shall also include:
- Work experience in the required disciplines with TDOT, the Town of Arlington, and/or other clients
- Specialized Expertise
- Professional Licensure
- Staff capabilities of prime consultant
- Size of project and unlimited prequalification status
From the letters of interest, the Town of Arlington will select 3 qualified firms to submit Phase II qualifications. From this list the top ranked consultant will be selected.
Phase II Evaluation
The Town of Arlington will evaluate the top 3 firms on the following criteria (relative weight):
- Workload capacity; including amount of work under contract with the Town of Arlington, if applicable (20%)
- Past performance on projects (20%)
- Technical approach (e.g., project understanding, innovative concepts or alternatives, quality control procedures (40%)
- Staff location and capabilities of prime consultant (20%)
The consultant evaluation committee holds the ability to conduct interviews based on scoring as Phase III Evaluation.
Prequalification procedures, example letter of interest, list of pre-qualified firms and certified DBEs, TDOT’s standard procurement policy, and additional information can be found at this internet address https://www.tn.gov/tdot/business-redirect/consultantinfo.htm. For information on prequalification, please contact Christine Smotherman at (615)741-4460 or Christine.Smotherman@tn.gov.
Evaluation proceedings will be conducted within the established guidelines regarding equal employment opportunity and nondiscriminatory action based upon the grounds of race, color, sex, creed or national origin. Interested certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms as well as other minority-owned and women-owned firms are encouraged to respond to all advertisements by the Town of Arlington. For information on DBE certification, please contact David Neese at (615) 741-3681, (615) 253-1075 or David.Neese@tn.gov. Details and instructions for DBE certification can be found at the following website: https://www.tn.gov/tdot/civil-rights/small-business-development-program.html.