Grease Traps & Interceptors

Grease Traps and/or Interceptors
While residents are encouraged to do their part to keep FOGs (fats, oils, and greases) out of our sewer system, businesses are required to do their part as well.

Approvals: Food Service Establishments must have and maintain a grease trap(s) and/or grease interceptor(s) to treat the wastewater generated from the preparation of food and the cleaning operation associated with food preparation and cleaning food service areas. All grease traps and/or interceptors must be approved through the Town Wastewater Department, in addition to standard building construction permits required for installation. 

Contact Us:

As requirements vary widely based on the specifics of the restaurant in question, if you are a Food Service Establishment, please contact the Wastewater Department at 901-867-1782 for specific information on grease trap/interceptor requirements.